Roasted Chicken with Hola! Hola! Smoked Garlic Tomatillo Jam & Coco for Garlic Sauce December 01 2017
Amidst the magic of the holiday season there is generally a note of overwhelming chaos -- especially in New York City. As the darkness creeps in a little earlier each evening and as the city streets fill with seemingly more and more people, the already wild spirit of NYC is slightly amplified. With holiday magic illustrated in nearly every storefront window, it is easy to get drawn into the holiday madness. Celebrate the magic of the season and escape the chaos of NYC streets by making a beautiful roasted chicken with vegetables in the comfort of your home.
Quick. Easy. Delicious.
1 6lb roasting chicken
1 large bunch fresh thyme
1 lemon, washed and halved
1 large yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
4 large carrots, washed, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
4 red potatoes, washed and cut into 2-inch chunks
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees
- Mix together Gus & Grey Hola! Hola! Smoked Garlic Tomatillo Jam and Essie Spice Coco for Garlic Sauce in a small bowl
- Remove giblets and any feather remnants from the chicken
- Wash the chicken under cold water both inside and out. Pat dry with paper towels
- Salt and pepper the inside cavity of the chicken, then stuff with thyme and lemon
- Salt and pepper the outside of the chicken, then cover liberally with sauce mixture
- Tie chicken legs together using kitchen twine and tuck wings underneath the chest cavity
- Add veggies to the bottom of a roasting pan, drizzle liberally with olive oil, then add salt and pepper and toss together
- Roast chicken for 1.5 hours, or until juices between the leg and thigh run clear
- When done roasting, remove from oven, tent with aluminum foil for 15-20 minutes, then serve!