The Health Benefits of Olive Oil January 20 2017
We all know that Olive Oil is a healthy fat, especially extra virgin olive oil. Here are just some of the health benefits of Olive Oil. Use any of the FIVE Olive Oils from World Excellent Products and you’ll realize eating healthy is also delicious. I’ll try not to get too technical.
1. Olive Oil is rich in healthy mono-saturated fats.
2. Olive Oil is full of anti-oxidants. These antioxidants can help fight inflammation and reduce your risk of heart disease.
3. Olive Oil protects against heart disease. It lowers inflammation, improves the function of the lining of the blood vessels and may help prevent unwanted blood clotting.
4. Olive Oil does not cause weight gain or obesity. Eating fat doesn’t make you fat!
5.Olive Oil can be used to promote hair loss. Check out this article from Hair Loss Revolution.
6. The Mediterranean Diet is proven to be one of the healthiest in the world and it uses a lot of Olive Oil.
Check out this healthy recipe using FIVE Olive Oil.
New Year, New Resolutions January 06 2017
Welcome to 2017! With a new year, comes new resolutions. Last year I resolved to be more organized. I’ve gotten better at putting everything in the proper place, but there is still plenty of room for growth in the area of organization. In 2017, I’ve decided to set more concrete goals for myself. I’m going to tell you about them so you can hold me accountable and also cheer me on as I achieve them.
- IMPROVE THE BLOG I’ve been planning to move this blog to a different platform. I dream of a platform where you can sign up to follow the blog and have this wonderful information delivered to your inbox instead of visiting the site to see if there is anything newsworthy happening. I’ll be sure to let you know how to sign up when that happens.
- HIRE AN EMPLOYEE OR AN INTERN Starting my own business has been amazing and I love all aspects of it. Unfortunately, there just isn’t enough time in a day for me to complete everything I want to. I’m ready to see Julie’s Beet reach the next level and to do that I’m going to need some assistance. If you know someone interested in the food/e-commerce world please send them my way. Just a few hours a week would be helpful.
- BE HAPPY! This one isn’t quite as measurable as the first two but you can still help. When you see me out and about remind me to put my smile back on. Being happy is really important for your health and nothing beats a positive outlook on life!
I’m looking forward to see what 2017 brings and I’ll hope you’ll join me for the adventure and the journey.
April is Here April 01 2016
Ahh… April is here. Does that mean April Fools or April Showers or that spring is finally here? It definitely means we are into the second quarter of 2016. I thought this would be a good time to check in on my New Year’s Resolution. If you don’t remember, my resolution this year was to be more organized.
I started off on the right foot and was very focused on making sure everything had a place and returning it to that place. Somewhere between the middle and end of January I started losing focus and I can say that once Valentine’s Day was celebrated I was completely off track. I could make a lot of excuses for not keeping up with this resolution like living in temporary housing or having a second child. Unfortunately I knew those things were going to happen when I made the resolution and perhaps are some of the reasons I made it.
April 1 is going to be my wake-up call to get back on track. I’m going to refocus my efforts into organizing my life. Hopefully that will mean I will be able to carve out more time to try new recipes and look for more amazing products!
I hope you’ve done better with your New Year’s Resolution and if not, use this as a wake-up call like I am. There is still a lot of time in 2016 to get back on track.
New Year = New Resolution January 08 2016
I am still amazed that we are in 2016! It is going to be another exciting year. I am sure many of you have resolutions for the New Year. As I have been quite busy with Julie’s Beet and a few other side projects I’ve decided to focus on just one resolution for 2016. It was tough to narrow down the list but here it is.
My resolution for 2016 is to be more organized. I know I am probably not the only one with this resolution but here is how I plan to tackle it.
- Put everything away in its proper place. That means everything from hanging up my jacket in the closet to filing important papers, instead of just making a stack on the floor. The hope is having less clutter with physical items I’ll be able to have a clearer picture of what needs to happen.
- Make Lists! I already do this sometimes but need to do it all the time. Typically if I write something down I have a better chance of remembering to actually do it. A daily to-do list or a grocery list make the smallest tasks more manageable. By having the items written down, I won’t have to spend time wondering what I forgot or worrying that I am missing something.
- Storage...I guess this goes back to number 1 but when everything has a proper place it is much easier to find something and also prevents items from going missing. I plan to get proper storage for the items that clutter my life. Then I won’t have to spend time looking for my keys, my phone and that piece that is missing from my son’s puzzle!
If you have any other recommendations on how I can organize my life better in 2016 please send them my way.
Happy 2016 and Happy Friday!